Connect with an insurance agent today.
Homeowners Insurance in NJ, NY, and PA
Homeowners insurance policies cover more than just your home. They cover your contents at replacement cost, additional living expense in case of a disaster, and personal liability insurance. To include a broad range of insurance coverage under your homeowners, you may consider an umbrella policy. Ask your agent if this would be right for you.
Whether you own or rent, insuring the place you call home can help protect you financially if you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered events. It will also cover you in the event someone is injured while on your property and wins a legal judgment against you.
The amount you pay for your homeowners insurance depends on many factors. Think of your personal housing situation, and the assets you want to protect. Components of homeowners insurance you will want to consider include:
Protection for Your Home
Property or Dwelling Coverage typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a kitchen fire or windstorm.
Protection for You and Other People
Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued.
This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
Additional Living Expenses
If you can’t live in your home because of a covered loss, your home insurance policy could pay additional living expenses while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt.
New Jersey Homeowners Insurance Options
There are a number of different types of homeowners insurance policies available, and understanding the difference between them will help you make the most informed decision. Birtwhistle & Livingston proudly offers the following insurance solutions for Englewood residents:
- HO-1 Basic Form: This option provides coverage for fires, explosions, lightning, hail and windstorms, theft, vandalism, vehicular damage, aircraft damage, riots and civil unrest, and volcanic eruption.
- HO-2 Broad Form: Along with all the coverage available through basic policies, broad form insurance covers additional scenarios, including falling objects; weight of ice, snow, and sleet; freezing of household HVAC systems; sudden damage from artificial electrical currents; and more.
- HO-3 Special Form: Special form policies cover everything in broad form insurance, but don’t limit coverage to just named perils, providing you with even more financial protection.
- HO-5 Comprehensive Form: Comprehensive form is an open-peril policy that financially protects you against all perils with the exception of scenarios listed within the exclusions portion of your contract.
Birtwhistle & Livingston also provides insurance policies for New Jersey renters, condos, mobile homes, and older homes to meet all of your homeowners insurance needs. Contact our team to find the right policy for your residence today!
How You Benefit from Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners insurance is essential for those who wish to protect their homes and personal property in the event disaster strikes. There are a number of benefits to having protection through homeowners insurance, including:
- Protection from Natural Disasters: Have the insurance company pay for damages incurred from disasters like tornadoes, floods, and fires.
- Protection from Theft: Insurance will cover the cost of damages to your home as well as restoring stolen personal possessions.
- Protection Against Lawsuits: Should someone get hurt on your property, homeowners insurance will pay for their medical bills and attorney fees.
Start reaping the benefits that homeowners insurance can provide by contacting Birtwhistle & Livingston about our available policies today!
Birtwhistle & Livingston in Englewood for Homeowners Insurance!
No matter your living situation, Birtwhistle & Livingston has homeowners insurance policies to provide you with long-term financial protection. Our wide range of policies offers options for virtually any budget, so you can enjoy enhanced financial protection and peace of mind. Contact us to find your homeowners insurance policy today!