Connect with an insurance agent today.
Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Don’t jeopardize your business by leaving it vulnerable to catastrophic losses! Commercial umbrella insurance coverage can ensure that you’re prepared for any possibility. Birtwhistle & Livingston, Inc. will work with you to find the right umbrella solution to cover all of your business needs.
Contact us to protect your business with a commercial umbrella insurance policy in NJ, NY, and PA.
What Is Commercial Umbrella Insurance?
Commercial umbrella insurance is designed to supplement existing insurance policies, giving you an additional layer of protection for your business in the event that costs go beyond your other liability policy limits.
For example, if a customer is injured on the grounds of your business and successfully sues you for $1.5 million but you only have $1 million in liability coverage, a commercial umbrella insurance policy would pay the other $500,000 without your business having to absorb that loss.
Benefits of Commercial Umbrella Insurance for Your Business
A commercial umbrella insurance policy has many benefits, especially in relation to the small amount of expense it incurs.
- Added protection: This type of policy protects your business with additional coverage, which is especially important if your business has a high value or many valuable assets.
- Broadened coverage: Most general liability policies exclude coverage for certain “Acts of God.” A commercial umbrella insurance policy may provide coverage for events that are excluded under your general liability policy.
- Low cost for high value: Umbrella insurance policies are inexpensive in relation to the higher amount of coverage they provide.
The only disadvantage to adding commercial umbrella insurance is that you might spend money on a commercial umbrella insurance policy only to never use it.
Top 5 Reasons Businesses Invest in Commercial Umbrella Insurance:
- Insufficient liability limits – The limits on their general liability policies may be too low to adequately protect them in the event of an accident.
- Affordability – Commercial umbrella insurance is a relatively low expense for the amount of protection that it offers.
- Protection against catastrophe – A major lawsuit could bankrupt a business if the cost far exceeds their general liability policy limit.
- The nature of their business necessitates it – Businesses such as hotels, gyms, and construction companies operate with far more risk than businesses like bookstores.
- Peace of mind – Business owners have plenty of things to worry about. Having umbrella insurance lets them rest easy with the knowledge that they won’t be put out of business by an incident.
Contact us for a custom umbrella insurance quote for your business in NJ, NY, and PA.
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Why does my business need additional insurance?
Your current general liability coverage may protect your business against a minor misfortune. However, it will not be sufficient in the event of a major lawsuit. Umbrella insurance can prevent your business from suffering a catastrophic loss.
What does an umbrella insurance policy cover?
Every policy is different, but most umbrella policies will cover: personal injury, bodily injury to others, property damage, slander, defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, defense costs and legal settlements, wrongful eviction, and wrongful entry. It will also cover vehicular accidents that occur while you or your employees are driving company cars for business purposes.
How does umbrella insurance work?
Umbrella insurance kicks in once the limits of your general liability insurance have been reached. For example, imagine that your general liability policy has a limit of $1 million and you are found to be liable for $2 million in damages. In this case, your general policy will pay the first $1 million, then your umbrella policy will pay the second million, saving your business from having to absorb the loss.
How much does commercial umbrella insurance cost?
Every policy is different based on your business’s needs and assets. In general, a business can have $1 million of protection for as little as a few hundred dollars a year. Our licensed agents can give you an accurate quote for your business.
How much coverage do I need?
This depends on many factors. You need to consider the size of your company, your net worth, how many employees you have, the inherent risks of your industry, and how much your employees interact with the public and with customers. Our agents can help you determine the right amount of additional coverage for your business.
Protect Your Business With Commercial Umbrella Insurance in NJ, NY, and PA
Birtwhistle & Livingston, Inc. is proud to serve the insurance needs of businesses throughout our community and region. We understand how hard you’ve worked to build your business and will create a targeted insurance policy to protect it. Our commercial umbrella insurance policies will ensure that your business remains able to serve the community for many years to come.
Ready to protect your business? Contact us for commercial umbrella insurance in NJ, NY, and PA.